Help in Other Ways
Not ready to mentor? Volunteer in other ways!
Perhaps you’re not yet able to commit to a one-year mentoring relationship but you want to do something substantial to help support the Mentors, Inc. mission. Help lead projects that move our work forward:
- Mentor recruitment: Recruitment initiatives are essential to our operation. In the past, mentors have organized recruitment presentations at their workplaces and at other organizations/clubs in which they are a member.
- Workshop creation and facilitation: Mentors, Inc. hosts workshops for our students, mentors and partners throughout the year. Our volunteers are tremendous assets as they bring a wealth of talents, skills, and experiences that help make Mentors, Inc. a valuable resource to our community. For example, we may need guest speakers for teen topics related to college, career, character, academics, and the mentoring relationship; for mentors related to youth development and teen challenges; for parents around parenting of teenagers and transitions into adulthood; or for employers around mentoring advocacy.
- Fundraising: It costs about $1,500 to support a mentoring pair for one year. Consider participating in personal solicitation of your friends and colleagues; attending fundraising events and inviting colleagues to join you; or leading other volunteers in new fundraising initiatives.
- Event planning and hosting: Volunteers are needed to plan and host events for our mentor and protégé pairs, exclusive mentor events, open houses at our office or yours, or other ways to welcome the community and build support.
- Mentor and alumni engagement: Mentors, Inc. has been around since 1987, and many of our former protégés have returned to become mentors in our program. You can help us reconnect with our former protégés and mentors and strengthen our family tree!